Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weeks 1 & 2

Alright! My blog is up and I have my avatar. So far, so good. I thought I was having trouble uploading my avatar but found when clicking "View Blog" that I had actually loaded it successfully, not once, but three times! Oops! 

Regarding 7 and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, the one that is most difficult for me is viewing problems as challenges that present valuable learning opportunities. Yes, once the storm has passed and I am looking at the problem through my rear view mirror, I can be thankful for the learning that occurred and maybe even the situation that allowed the learning to take place. In the moment, though, it is hard for me to think about an obstacle as anything more than a problem. 

The habit that comes most naturally to me is using technology to my advantage. Downloading podcasts and audiobooks onto my ipod to make good use of travel time, using mapquest for directions, tracking running distances with google pedometer, finding recipes online, using iCal to organize my schedule...these are just a few of the ways that technology has made my life easier. I look forward to learning new ways to utilize technology to my advantage and to the advantage of my students through this course!

No comments: