Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week 3, Thing 7

These are a few of my favorite things:
  • Skype: I love that I can have a "face to face" conversation with people all over the world for free! 
  • Facebook: This has allowed me to stay in touch with so many people who I probably would have never otherwise talked to again. I enjoy seeing pictures of weddings and other special events that I may not have otherwise known about. 
  • Blogs: My nephew lives in NJ, which is not terribly far away, but far enough that I don't see him nearly as much as I would like. My sister-in-law's blog allows me to keep up with his growth. In addition to reading her very thoughtful posts on life in general, I also read little anecdotes about Alex and indulge myself in some recent pictures. I think it is appropriate to add a recent picture posted on her blog so that readers can understand why I appreciate this technology so much.
  • Instant Information: I love that with the internet, the answer to so many of my questions is only a few keystrokes away!
  • Online Registration/Banking/Shopping: Just today I saved time and the cost of a stamp by registering for the PSLA conference online. The Internet also makes it so much easier to do other things, like pay bills and shop for specific items.
  • iPods, Podcasts, iTunes: I like that I can download my favorite radio shows and listen at a convenient time. It is great to not have to buy an entire CD just for that one song! Its nice to have all of my music stored on one pocket-sized device. 

No comments: